Colorful Covers!


Last Friday my student Erin said “ You’ll see my big luggage on Monday!” Well just as soon as I arrived in Dominican, Many Kuya came back and forth to get the big luggage to every classes and not for long until I noticed that there’s written name of the kuya that responsible for bringing their luggage on it. I need to wait for Mam Prado because She got stuck in a traffic, She arrived at class immediately and started the class with praying and tell the students to arrange their seats cause their friends is going to practice the Dulaang Kamang in front of the class. Mam Prado showed me the things she brought to school, She said she brings a lot green pens “What pen color do you use in Indonesia?” “ Is it red?” She added “ We use green pens now, cause I read that the red pens make the student feel down especially when they failed”


“We’ll go upstairs Mam Icha” She smiled. So I came to grade 5- Humility after break time with Mam Prado, It’s a Filipino class so, the students required to speak in Filipino only. One of the student approached me “……….” I can barely understand what he said, I told him “ I am sorry, but I don’t speak tagalog” “What’s your name?” he repeated. Mam Prado talked in Filipino and introduced me as a student teacher from Indonesia “ So, if you want to speak or ask her questions you can use English” She said. They start to ask questions like what does book in Indonesian and how does it feel like to live in Indonesia until Mam Prado told them to behave because the class is about to start. Mam Prado told the class to call me bilibinig which mean a teacher in English. Then, Mam Prado made group of 5 person each and to recite a Filipino story.


 
In group
After a while Mam Prado asked me to choose which group to come in front of the class to recite the story, I choose group 4 to come first. Group 4 started to come in front of the class to read the story, I like how they have cover to put the text so that it looks tidy and nice. Some of the cover in each group have yellow, blue, gray colors as their cover.  From what I’ve noticed some of them still have difficulties in reading Filipino. After each group performance they would clapped for them, and Mam Prado explained the grading system; each in group and individually as for expression, presentation and individual and tell their grade in front of the class and at that moment. The class finished, the student said “ Selamat tinggal” so I tell them that it’s “Sampai Jumpa”, and They be like "Oooh I'll take a note" 😭😭😭


Reading Filipino story


The filipino story text


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orientation in Dominican School Manila

“YOU’RE A BLESSING TO US”